Clegern Volunteer Descriptions
1. Art Smart – Sign up to teach a provided art lesson to the grade of your choice, with a friend, spouse, grandparent, or on your own if you prefer.
2. Box Tops – Help the team leader to collect and prepare box tops for cash.
3. Chili Bingo – This is one of Clegern’s favorite events! Sign up to help organize, make chili, or bring drinks or snacks, etc.
4. Decorating – Do you have an eye for decor, or are you simply looking for an opportunity to help out? This is a great way to get involved and to meet other parents at Clegern!
5. Donations – Help this team to collect donations and/find sponsors for Fall Fundraiser, Chili Bingo, Spring Carnival, etc.
6. Fall Fundraiser – Participate to help with fundraising, making signs, decorating, or helping with the different stations.
7. Family Fun Night – Help to coordinate activities throughout the year for Clegern families to participate in, i.e. Chick-fil-a night, mini golf, bowling, etc.
8. Homeroom coordinator – Help to coordinate classroom activities, parties, and communicate with homeroom contacts concerning classroom needs and important information.
9. Hospitality – Help to prepare dishes and welcome new families to the New Family Brunch at the beginning of the school year!
10. Landscape – Help to keep flowers beds cleaned out and weeded, and plant flowers and trees when needed.
11. Library Pals – Help in the media center, with book fair, or decorate bulletin boards.
12. Pies for Teachers – Make or bring pies for for Clegern faculty in November before Thanksgiving break.
13. School Directory – Help to keep information updated as needed.
14. Spring Carnival – Help with organization, volunteer to set up/clean up, work games/activities, or to bring desserts for the cake walk.
15. School Supplies – Help to organize orders and distribute them on info. day.
16. Popcorn – This group kindly pops bags of popcorn one Friday a month for all of
17. Workroom Pals – Help to make copies, laminate, cut, etc. for teacher’s needs throughout the school year.
18. Yearbook – We desire to have 2 volunteers from each classroom to attend parties, field trips, or other special classroom events, and take photos for the yearbook this year.
19. Teacher Appreciation – Help to coordinate or provide food and other items needed for meals and luncheons for teachers throughout the year.
20. School Store & Merry Market – Help with organizing and running the school store and/or help students shop at the Merry Market.
21. Donuts with Dad – Help serve and/or gather food and food donations for Donuts with Dad.
22. Mornings with Mom – Help serve and/or gather food and food donations for Mornings with Mom.
23. Teacher Grants – Coordinate and work with teachers for teacher grants.
24. Grant Writing – Help to find and write grants that benefit Clegern.
25. Dads on Duty – This group is a work in progress, but we are looking to get the men in our lives involved. More details to come!
*All committees have different levels of commitment. You can do as much or as little as you’d like or sign up so that you might receive more information about the areas you’re interested in. Though volunteering is a great way to get involved and get to know staff and families, signing up to receive emails from the group does not obligate you to volunteer.